Sunday, December 4, 2011

My Grandma

Tonight Jill and I went to Salt Lake City to see the First Presidency Christmas devotional and it was amazing. And as great as it was, my favorite part of the night wasn't the devotional. It was being able to visit with my Grandma, who lives in Salt Lake, a couple hours before the devotional and being able to catch up with her.

My Grandma is such an amazing person. She treats everyone so respectfully and wouldn't say a negative thing about a single person. She's had some pretty difficult trials this past year but it seems like she is still loving life and living each day with a full heart of joy one step at a time. Even for the sweetest, kindest, and most patient person, there are still times when life can be stressful and we wanted to make sure that she wasn't going to have a stressful start to her Christmas season. I feel like I am pretty much at the peak of my stress level when it comes to finals (which are right around the corner) and Jill and I thought it would be a good idea to focus on my Grandma instead of focusing on ourselves.

Jill makes DELICIOUS no-bake cookies so we decided to take a few of the cookies to my grandma before we went to the devotional, along with a Christmas flower arrangement that I made in my floral design class earlier in the week. When we arrived at her house she answered the door with a pleasantly surprised look on her face and anxiously told us to come in. We sat in her living room and talked for about 45 minutes before we had to go but it was so fun to see her reaction to our surprise visit and little gifts. She was so happy to see us and loved telling us stories about the family and how well everyone is doing. I love my grandma for the amazing person that she is and the example that she gives me of being a Christ-like individual--full of love and patience. I'm glad that we could spread a little Christmas cheer to her and hopefully get her holiday season off to a good start

No comments:

Post a Comment