Sunday, October 23, 2011

The balancing act

This past week has been stressful. The week was filled with tests, homework assignments, projects, and work. I didn't get to see to much of my wife or my friends throughout the week either. Good thing that we  have Sunday.

Tonight Jill and I went over to her sister's house to celebrate our niece's birthday. We had to dress up in costumes because the birthday party had a Halloween theme to it. I loved seeing how excited our niece was to see everyone arrive to the party all dressed up in costumes for the night and to see her try and figure out what everyone was dressed up as. What I thought was more fun though was actually dressing up for the party. I honestly haven't gotten all dressed up in a Halloween costume in a long time. It brought back memories from High School and from my freshman year here at BYU....ahh the good ol' days. 

What I love most about these family get-togethers on my wife's side of the family are the games and prizes. Tonight, we had a dance contest, a contest to see who could throw the most pennies into a jack-o-lantern, and, my favorite, a contest to see who could stack three golf balls on top of each other the fastest. The golf ball contest was my favorite. It took a lot of concentration and a lot of time, but I was able to finally do it. I knew a lot of people probably wouldn't believe me when I told them about the balancing act but here's the proof...




Yep, that's three golf balls stacked one of top of the other. It can be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment