Sunday, October 2, 2011

Gratitude

The last five or so years of my life has changed me dramatically. Just over five years ago, I was in high school and I had no idea what direction my life was heading in. More importantly, I had no idea how many blessings were in store for me. I started off my senior year of high school by earning my Eagle Scout, an accomplishment that I never thought I would achieve. Around November time in 2005, I was accepted into BYU, which to me, was a long shot. I also graduated high school and found a job going into my first year at BYU. While at BYU my freshman year, I received my mission call to serve in the New York Utica Mission. I was ecstatic at the chance to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ for two years of my life out East and considered it to be a great opportunity and blessing. The principles that I learned and growth that I experienced  while on my mission has changed my life forever and has helped me gain a more eternal perspective on life. About a year after I got home from my mission, I met the woman of my dreams, Jill Dutson, and we got married on 20 November 2010. I consider this the greatest blessing of my life, and I always will. I was also blessed with the abilities to start a small window washing business and learn some of the basic skills of business and networking. I'm so full of gratitude for these blessings that I have received over the past years. I would have never imagined myself in the position that I am in now when I was a senior in high school just over five years ago. I am grateful for the God who gave me life and who continues to support me in everything that I do. For all of these blessings that I have received and that I continue to receive, I owe it to Him, my Father in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment