Sunday, September 4, 2011

Food, family, and football


My wife and I have gone to my hometown of Eagle, ID for the holiday weekend and are very sad to be leaving tomorrow. This weekend has definitely had a "Thanksgiving" feel to it. I've had the chance to catch up with family, who I haven't seen since I was a boy in high school. I've gained about five pounds eating my sister's home made pies, red vine licorice, and even more junk food. Last of all, it was a good weekend of football. Boise State beat the 19th ranked SEC powerhouse Georgia, BYU beat another SEC team, Ole Miss, and Eagle High school football laid the smack down on Timberline to start the season off 1-0. I was really excited to see Eagle High play because their quarterback, Tanner Mangum, recently just signed with BYU to play in 2014. Tanner is a four star recruit and is rated in the espn top 150 recruits in the nation. He definitely lived up to his hype by passing for four touchdowns and over 300 yards through the air. I’m excited to see what this kid can do throughout the season at Eagle High and then on to college at BYU. He won't be playing for another two years though as he still has to graduate from college and serve a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment